What is botox?
BOTOX Cosmetic is a treatment that is used to temporarily improve the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and crow’s feet (Laugh Lines or Character Lines) in adults.
Botox can be used for softening moderate to severe wrinkles on the face.
Botox is a non-surgical and excellent way to combat signs of facial aging. This is a great option for people who don’t want to go under the knife or try more invasive anti-aging procedures such as facelifts.
Botox also helps with other medicine uses such as treatment of TMJ (Temperomandibular joint) problems an excessive grinding of teeth.
Why Get a Botox Injection?
As you use the same facial muscles for making the same expressions, again and again, this can cause the formation of deep wrinkles. A botox injection can relax those facial muscles you use every day.
Popular Treatment Areas
- Forehead lines : Forehead lines can be softened.
- Peri-Oral Lines : Fine lines around the mouth can be reduced by the injection of facial injectables in this area.
- Gummy Smile: Hyperactive lip muscles can be relaxed, reducing excessive lip elevation during smiling and eliminating the “Gummy Smile”.
- Frown lines: Frown lines between the eyes can be improved dramatically.
- Hypertrophy of masseter – Enlargement of masseter muscle can contribute to a harsh, square look at the angle of the jaw. Botox is used to reduce the masseter muscle hypertrophy
- Crows feet around the eyes: Peri-orbital lines (crow’s feet) are caused by smiling and can be relaxed with facial injectables.
How Botox Works?
Botox will stop nerve signals which cause the contraction of muscles, which can result in temporary paralysis or weakening of the muscles. The moment the muscle relaxes and stops contracting, the skin above it will also soften. The wrinkles are going to be noticeably softer. With the muscles being weaker, the wrinkles will no longer become deeper.
Who Can Benefit from Botox Injection?
The best candidate for Botox is one who is in good general health with no muscular or nerve disorders that the treatment might interfere with. A patient must also be at least 18 years of age and is not breastfeeding or pregnant.
How Much Does It Cost?
Costs vary depending on the area being treated and these will be discussed at a free consultation, which will be free to both new and existing patients. To get more information about Botox Cost in Hamilton, call us at 07 855 5985
Hamilton Clinic Address
Flagstaff Shopping Centre,
Shop 11, 1158 River Road, Hamilton